Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Couple More Inexpensive 2001 Bordeaux

2001 Chateau Clos Chaumont, Premieres Cotes De Bordeaux
Medium dark. Nose had chassis, plums and oak. Taste had cherry and spices, with high acid, moderate tannins, and a long fruity finish. Not bad. Needs a little time. Price $18. My rating 85.

2001 Carruades de Lafite, Pauillac
Dark garnet. Red cherry, plums and oak on the nose. Big flavors of red cherry, black cherry, and plums, good acid, moderate tannin, long fruity finish. A nice wine for near term drinking, but I expected more in the second wine of Lafite. Price $33. My rating 86.

I think second wine of Leoville-Las Cases, Clos du Marquis, which I tasted earlier is a better value than the Carruades de Lafite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home