Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, July 25, 2005

1982 Chateau Duhart-Milon-Rothschild, Pauillac

Very dark, brick colored around the edges. Open nose with aromas of red cherry, chassis and cedar. Big red and black cherry fruit flavors with the cedar, high acid, still substantial backbone of soft tannins, and a long fruity finish. A big fruity Bordeaux that is still going strong. My rating 90.

This estate is owned by the Rothschild’s that own Lafite-Rothschild, and the label has a Lafite-Rothschild look to it. According to Parker’s recent ratings, the 1982 was the best wine produced by this estate in the last 50 years. I do not believe I have ever tasted any other vintages from this estate. I probably bought this wine after it arrived in the US based on Parker’s recommendation. The price sticker still on the bottle shows I paid $18.50.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home