Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Silverado

2000 Merlot – Very nice cherry and chassis, well balanced and good structure. The best Merlot I tasted this day. This was a library wine. The 2002 is the current release.

2001 Cabernet, Stags Leap District – Lots of black cherry and chassis fruit, with good structure and moderate tannins. Very nice wine. List Price $70.

2001 Cabernet, Limited Reserve – This is a huge wine, with black cherry, currents, chocolate, good structure, and significant tannins. This wine looks outstanding and needs probably at least 5 to 10 more years to mellow out. I think this was the best Cabernet I tasted on this trip to Napa.

Silverado is now using screw caps for their Sauvignon Blanc, but they said they had no plans to use screw caps for the red wines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home