Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

1986 Chateau Raymond-Lafon, Sauternes


Golden. Rich nose with aromas of apricots and oranges. Big intense fruit flavors or caramel, honey, oranges and spices, high acid and a very long, fruity finish. A huge, balanced and very smooth, almost creamy, Sauternes. The best Sauternes I have had in a long time. It still seems very youthful, and shows no signs of decline. I expect it will continue to hold for a number of more years. I think this is clearly showing better than the 1983 Chateau Raymond-Lafon right now. My rating 91.

In the 1980s Parker speculated on how the 1983 and 1986 Chateau Raymond-Lafon would develop. Having tried both of these recently, it seems to me the 1986 is showing better right now, but the 1983 seems more youthful. The 1986 seems mature while the 1983 shows promise for further improvement.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Term Papers said...

Rich nose with aromas of apricots and oranges. Big intense fruit flavors or caramel, honey, oranges and spices, high acid and a very long, fruity finish.I like it but I am not drinking.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home