Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, June 13, 2005

2000 Sebastiani, Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley, Old Vines

Dark garnet color. Open nose with intense raspberry aromas. Big forward raspberry fruit flavors, high acid, moderate soft tannins, long fruity finish with an aftertaste of chocolate. This is a big, very fruity Zinfandel that is drinking very well right now, and should hold for a number of more years. List Price $22. My rating 89.

I bought this wine on a trip to Sonoma last year. I stopped at Sebastiani with low expectations, and was very surprised at the quality of some of the wines they were offering in the tasting room. The fruit on this is ripe, without being overripe. The alcohol is 13.8%. According to the label, the grapes for this wine are mostly from the Domenici Vineyard. 1820 cases were produced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home