Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, October 02, 2005

1977 Warre’s Vintage Port

Dark, brownish around the edges. Rich aromas of coffee and chocolate. Flavors of cherry, chocolate and coffee, soft, fine tannins, and a very long finish. This port still has lots of fruit intensity. Someone told me they thought the 1977 Warre’s was starting to fade, but I don’t see any sign of that. My rating 95.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Literally "just opened up the bottle" of a 1977 that I bought at auction a month ago.

Still has nice round edges to the tannins, a delayed finish. Nice cherry.

Lots of sediment in bottle. Ended up having to push cork in to get out. When I filtered sediment looked like entire branches of the grape vine were still in the bottle.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home