Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Friday, October 14, 2005

2003 Ridge, Lytton Springs

Dark garnet color. Rasepberry and cherry aromas. Big cherry, raspberry, and strawberry fruit flavors, moderate acid, moderate tannins, long fruity finish. When first opened it had a slightly grapey flavor, but that faded after the wine had been in the glass for a while. I expect this wine needs at least a couple more years. My initial reaction was this was an average Zinfandel, but as it aired in the glass it got better and better. That is a good sign that it is just a tight, young wine. My rating 87.

The wine is labeled simply Lytton Springs. It does not say Zinfandel on the label, even though it is 76% Zinfandel, 18% Petite Sirah, and 6 % Carignane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home