Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, November 13, 2005

2003, Juan Gil, Jumilla, Spain

Very dark garnet. Tight nose, with raspberry aromas. Big raspberry, strawberry fruit flavors, high acid, a good dose of hard tannins, and a long fruity finish. This wine tastes very ripe, perhaps a bit overripe, but it is an intensely fruit wine. Alcohol is 14.8%. It is made from 100% Monastrell. I paid around $12. My rating 86.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drank this wine this past weekend. The color was as you said..dark, dark garnet.. and I thought the wine was very fruity and full bodied from start to finish. Not much of a nose, but very complex, not as dry as I thought it would have been considering the high alcohol content. I paid $13.99, sale price, here in Chicago. I loved this wine. Delicious!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondering if you could tell me who the importer is on the back of the bottle. Curious whether the wine is sold in the Upper Midwest, Minnesota to be specific. Thanks!

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home