Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, April 24, 2005

1999 Ridge, Zinfandel, Nervo, Late Picked

Wine is dark with garnet around the edges. Nose has red cherry and alcohol. The forward fruit is red cherry and raspberry, moderate acid, strong tannins and a long fruity finish with lots of tannins and some heat. This Ridge ATP wine is almost a desert style Zinfandel. The alcohol is 16.2% and the residual sugar is 0.22%. Surprisingly, it only tastes slightly overripe. It seems to have lots of fruit and tannins, but the acid is very soft, so I am reluctant to recommend aging it much more. I do not see this as a normal food wine, more of a desert wine or something served with a cheese and crackers. As such, the 1991 Ridge, Zinfandel, Late Harvest, Lytton Springs that I tasted recently was clearly a better wine. My rating 83.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home