Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, February 06, 2006

1982 Chateau Lynch-Bages


I had several bottle of this wine last year, here and here, and this one was very similar. It seems to have held up slightly better than the March 2005 bottle, even though the cork was stained all the way up the side and was not tightly seated. The cork broke into two large pieces while getting it out. The wine had earthy flavors with licorice and tobacco to add complexity to the cherry and chassis. My rating 91.

This was my Super Bowl wine. I thought it went well with the game. It definitely was not a wimpy wine.

1 Comments:

Blogger thebetterer said...

My uncle shared a bottle of this with us on Father's day....it was really really lovely...buttery velvet.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home