Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

1989 La Tour Du Pin Figeac - Giraud-Belivier, Sanit-Emilion

I am pretty sure I bought this wine on Parker’s recommendation as one of the sleepers of the vintage, but his recommendation was for La Tour Du Pin Figeac – Moueix, which is a different estate that was separated from the this La Tour Du Pin Figeac in 1882. Parker never tasted this wine, and didn’t think much of the wines from this estate in the early 1980s. Still, it turned out not too bad.

Medium dark, brownish around the edge. Nose opened slowly with cherry and chassis. The fruit had cherry, and plums, with moderate acid, moderate tannins and a long finish with lots of fruit and some astringency. This wine is drinking very nicely. I doubt that it will improve, but it still has good structure, lots of fruit and shows no signs of decline. The only thing this wine lacks is a little complexity. My rating 87.

I wonder what the La Tour Du Pin Figeac – Moueix is like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home