Mike's Wine Blog

My wine tasting notes, both current releases and older wines from my cellar.

Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, May 12, 2005

2001 Testarossa Vineyards, Pinot Noir, Garys’ Vineyard

I rented Sideways last weekend, and I wanted to find a Pinot to drink with it. Unfortunately, I am not a big California Pinot fan, and my cellar is kind of thin on Santa Barbara Pinots. Testarossa’s Garys’ Vineyard Pinot look like a good choice and I figure the 2001 should be drinking well right now.

Medium color. Very attractive nose with red cherry, earthiness, and spicy oak. Earthy red cherry and raspberry flavors, high acid, moderate tannins, and long fruity finish. This is one of better California Pinot Noirs I can remember with intense, complex fruit flavors and a finish that seems go on forever. My rating 92.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home